Junior Property Accountant
The successful Property Accountant at the Wavecrest Management will first and foremost be extremely reliable, pro-active and provide professional level accounting support to external parties. The Property Accountant is responsible for all the financial reporting and accounting of about 50 entities. This position addresses tight deadlines and an assortment of accounting activities including, but not limited to: approval of all AP invoices; general ledger preparation; financial and investor reporting; year-end audit preparation; RPIE submission; property tax appeals, preparation of budgets; quarterly reports; daily communication with owners and investors. Supervising of Property Bookkeeper in ensuring all recordkeeping is current and accurate. We are a third-party management company and knowledge in low-income housing is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Full-Cycle accounting for a real estate portfolio with limited supervision.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information as required internally by management and externally by investors and other parties.
- Have full involvement, responsibility, and accountability for their portfolio, which includes all monthly, quarterly, annual, and other duties as detailed in the job responsibilities.
- Budget Preparation and monthly variance analysis.
- Year end audit preparation packages.
- Supervisory of one or two bookkeepers for record purposes.
- Utilize and develop skills such as problem solving, decision-making, time management and effective communication to achieve the desired results.
- Monitor cash positions and anticipate future cash deficiencies.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum two years of Real Estate experience
- Experience working in real estate Accounting/Finance, preferably multi-family (low income)
- Proficient in Excel Word and Microsoft outlook
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Consistent personal growth opportunities
- Wavecrest Management contributes to health and insurance for employees
- Additional employee paid benefits are available such as Dental, Vision, and 401(K)
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
About the Role:
- Full-time position
- Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Salary Range $60,000 to $80,000
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Wavecrest Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wavecrest Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination.