Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing pleadings as well as other documents such as contracts and leases.
- Defending the rights and best interests of a client orally, by appearing in court before a judge/jury
- Building relationships with clients to help them identify their legal needs and provide advice.
- Ensuring clients get the best possible legal solutions, by conducting research and preparing legal documents.
- Communicating to understand specific legal concerns and providing advice.
- Making strategies to solve cases cost-effectively and favorably for clients.
- Assisting company as executors, guardians, or advisors.
- Representing company, gathering information, and making court appearances
- Examining legal data, laws, and evidence.
- Drafting, reviewing, and revising legal documents.
- Scheduling meetings with plaintiffs, defense attorneys, and opposing Examining settlement agreements and negotiating terms.
- Collecting pieces of evidence.
- Preparing arguments for the court, defense, or prosecution.
- Educating clients about legal options and bringing to their attention possible outcomes and threats.
- Preparing legal documents such as contracts, dispositions, and pleadings accurately and promptly.
- Staying informed about the latest legislation, particularly regarding legal specialties.
- Solving legal issues ethically.
- Assisting clients with ongoing litigation questions or explaining any legal concerns they may have.
- Researching the details and evidence in any case. For example, police reports, accident reports, or pleadings that were filed in a case.
- Creating case strategies by trying to resolve cases quickly and economically for clients instead of going to trial.
- Critical Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
- Public speaking
- Attention to detail
- Written communication skills
- Creative problem – solving
- Verbal communication skills
- Work under pressure
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, English or Criminal Justice
- NYS License in law
- Experience in practicing law
- Specialize in NYC Housing (NYCHA), Section 8 and HPD, management and leasing.
- Competitive Salary
- Consistent personal growth opportunities
- Wavecrest Management contributes to health and insurance for employees
- Additional employee paid benefits are available such as Dental, Vision, and 401(K)
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
About the Role:
- Full-time position
- Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Salary Range $80,000 to $140,000
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Wavecrest Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wavecrest Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination.