Bank Reconciliation Specialist
The reconciliation specialist is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of Wavecrest’s financial records. This position is critical to the organization as it helps to prevent errors and fraud. The reconciliation Specialist will review and analyze financial statements, transactions, and other data to ensure that all information is accurate and compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). He or she will also prepare reports detailing their findings and make recommendations for improvements to internal controls. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, as well as experience working with financial data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of operational bank accounts
- Maintain organized documentation supporting account reconciliation status and disposition of outstanding checks/reconciling items
- Ensure that bank and ACH transactions are promptly cleared and any queries are swiftly raised
- Work in collaboration with other internal teams and externally with banks, problem solving and agreeing resolution with all parties
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure banking issues are raised promptly and all controls are adhered to.
- Complete 100 reconciliation on a monthly basis & follow up with bookkeeping to ensure corrections are entered.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts on a daily basis, ensuring that all transactions are properly accounted for.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly reports detailing the status of all reconciled accounts.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that all relevant information is gathered and accounted for.
- Maintain accurate records of all reconciliations performed.
- Update and maintain reconciliation procedures as needed.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Meet all deadlines set by management.
- Proactively identify areas where improvements can be made.
- Train new staff on proper reconciliation procedures.
- Assist with audits as needed.
- Competitive Salary
- Consistent personal growth opportunities
- Wavecrest Management contributes to health and insurance for employees
- Additional employee paid benefits are available such as Dental, Vision, and 401(K)
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
About the Role:
- Full-time position
- Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Salary Range $22.00 to $40.00/hour
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Wavecrest Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wavecrest Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination.